Welcome Canopy customers - you can save up to 10%!

On Landlord insurance policies through Churchill Expert. 

Available online or over the phone. Minimum premiums apply. Professional Indemnity, Business from Home and Broker sold policies excluded. 
Get a quote

What is Landlord Insurance?

Landlord Insurance is designed to cover against various risks faced with renting or leasing a property, as well as letting a third-party business. A standard Home Insurance policy will not cover rental properties and the unexpected costs that could arise from your tenants or damage to your buildings and contents. Whether you're a commercial or residential landlord, or thinking about renting out a property, we can arrange flexible cover tailored to suit your particular needs and help keep your investment safe. 

All of the policies we arrange are provided by NIG and underwritten by U K insurance Limited.

Homes for Ukraine scheme 

Following the launch of the Government’s Homes for Ukraine scheme, we have received enquiries from customers wishing to support this initiative but concerned as to the potential impact on their insurance policy with Churchill Expert. 
We can confirm that landlords or tenants of residential properties sheltering refugees without charging rent, do not need to notify Churchill Expert and will continue to be covered by their NIG eTrade Property Owners policy with no change to their terms and conditions.


Residential Landlord Insurance

If you're letting a property to residential tenants, home insurance may not be enough to protect against accidental damage to your property or possessions as well as loss of rent and legal expenses. We can arrange Landlord insurance that covers your buidlings and £5000 floor coverings as standard as well as the cost of rehousing your tenants in the event of damage to your property. 


Commercial Landlord Insurance

Commercial Landlord Insurance is designed for landlords renting out a property to a third party business. Shops, surgeries, offices and other commercial buidlings have a different set of risks to that of a residential property. With a NIG Commercial Landlord Insurance policy, you'll receive the same benefits as a NIG Residential Landlord Insurance policy including a choice of optional covers to suit your business needs. 


Buildings Insurance

If your property is unfurnished without contents you can take out an insurance policy that covers your buildings only. Churchill Expert can arrange up to £10m buildings cover included as standard.

Contents Insurance

If your property is furnished or part-furnished you can take out an insurance policy for your contents only. Churchill Expert can arrange up to £1.5m cover for damage to furniture, fixtures and fittings that don’t form a permanent part of your property’s structure.


Download Landlord Insurance policy documents

Landlord Product Summary
Updated December 2021
Landlord Policy Wording
Updated December 2021
Request a callback

* Please note, if you select a Bank Holiday, we will call you on our next working day.
Our operating hours are 9am to 6pm Monday to Friday, excluding bank holidays.

Thanks, we'll be in touch shortly